|LotR SeSa 2014: Signups Now Open--
||[Oct. 27th, 2014|11:08 am]
Lord of the Rings Secret Santa
ETA: lotr_sesa signups are now closed as matching begins. Thanks, everyone!|
Greetings from your friendly neighbourhood elves! (Hopefully of the Tolkien variety rather than the tiny and twee North Pole type. ^_~)
So, it's that time of the year again: time to sign up for the Lord of the Rings Secret Santa exchange! Slash, femslash, het and gen, fic and fanart; you can request it all, so why not join in? Sign-ups will run from now until November 7th.
Previous years' stories and art can be found, as usual, via the website or this community.
Please note that this is an FPF challenge. (i.e. Fictional, not real people fiction/RPF.)
We're always open to all the Peoples and Ages of Middle-earth, and with the Hobbit films coming out, we thought it would be a good time to remind people that characters from The Hobbit are welcome too!
The Rules (2014):
1. Your story (or fanart) is due December 15th and will go online December 24th -- please post it to the community (and nowhere else, until January 1st) and we will make it public on Christmas Eve.That should be it. You will get your assignment in early November, if possible before November 12th, giving you approximately five weeks to finish your assignment. We realize that it's not possible that everyone gets to write their OTP, but we'll do our best to make sure you don't have to write something that squicks you, so be sure to let us know your preferences.
2. Naturally, it'd be better if you didn't talk too much about your fic/art beforehand in places where your recipient could see it. Also, as a matter of fairness, please make your story more than 500 words (1000 is better). For fanart we'd expect you to spend at least a couple of hours on your work.
3. Please only sign up if you plan on actually fulfilling your end of the bargain. If you're going to be late or cannot complete your assignment, please let us know so we can discuss alternate arrangements. In addition, there will be a pool of emergency replacement writers/artists, so that everyone who signs up gets their gift.
4. Signing up: Please comment on this post (all comments are screened) or email [caras_galadhon AT livejournal.com] until November 7th with the following information (especially your email address for your assignment). You can be as specific in your likes and dislikes as you want, or leave everything up to the writer. Also, join the community, so you can post your story and keep track of any admin posts.
(Please feel free to copy and paste the following template.)
5. When you're done, please post to the community with the name of your recipient, the pairing or characters, and the rating in the subject line. Use headers (with disclaimers, warnings, etc.) and put the fic/fanart itself behind a cut tag. All gifts will be revealed on December 24th.
Have fun -- and spread the word!