|[Mod Post] LotR SeSa 2018 signups are OPEN!
||[Nov. 3rd, 2018|05:14 pm]
Lord of the Rings Secret Santa
Greetings from your friendly neighbourhood elves! (Hopefully of the Tolkien variety rather than the tiny and twee North Pole type. ^_~)
So, it's that time of the year again: time to sign up for the Lord of the Rings Secret Santa exchange! Slash, femslash, het and gen, fic and fanart; you can request it all, so why not join in? Sign-ups will run from now until November 11th.
Previous years' stories and art can be found, as usual, via the website (up until 2009) or the lotr_sesa community (up to 2014). The 2015, 2016 and 2017 stories can be found on the AO3.
While this is the main community, you can now also find us on tumblr and on Dreamwidth. You can also email the mods at lotrsesa[AT]gmail.com.
Please note that this is an FPF challenge. (i.e. Fictional, not real people fiction/RPF.)
We're always open to all the Peoples and Ages of Middle-earth, which means that characters from The Hobbit are welcome too!
We have created a tag set in order to streamline the matching. If you find an error in the set, please let us know! If you feel that a character should be added, contact the mods and we will see if we can accommodate the request.
When signing up, either start typing the name of the character (a dropdown menu will appear) or click the "List 107 characters" button to display all the available tags (which have been stripped down in the interest of clarity: for example, Fingon is listed as just Fingon instead of Fingon|Findekáno).
The Rules (2018):
1. Your story (or fanart) is due December 20th 11:59 pm Pacific Time (you can check what that is in your time zone here) and will go online December 28th -- please post it to the community (and nowhere else, until January 3rd) and we will make it public on December 28th.
2. Naturally, it'd be better if you didn't talk too much about your fic/art beforehand in places where your recipient could see it. Also, as a matter of fairness, please make your story more than 500 words (1000 is better). For fanart we'd expect you to spend at least a couple of hours on your work.
3. Please only sign up if you plan on actually fulfilling your end of the bargain. If you're going to be late or cannot complete your assignment, please let us know so we can discuss alternate arrangements. In addition, there will be a pool of emergency replacement writers/artists, so that everyone who signs up gets their gift.
4. Signing up: the sign up form can be found here (or here if the main link gives you an error message). If you need help with signing up, please don't hesitate to contact the mods.
5. This year's timeline (2018):
- Signups: November 2nd to 11th. 6. When you're done, please add your story/art to the collection on AO3. All gifts will be revealed on December 28th.
- Assignments sent out: On or near November 14th.
- Assignments due: December 20th.
- Stories/art revealed: December 28th.
- Author/artist names revealed: January 3rd.
That should be it. Assignments will be sent out shortly after signups close, hopefully on or very shortly after November 14th, giving you approximately five weeks to finish your assignment. We realize that it's not possible that everyone gets to write their OTP, but we'll do our best to make sure you don't have to write something that squicks you, so be sure to let us know your preferences.
Have fun -- and spread the word!